Sunday, September 19, 2010

10 questions with Amaya De'Morte

Phoenix (Rachel)Derf's Domain is proud to present another mind-blowing interview with a mind-blowing beauty, Amaya De'Morte.  


1. What is your name and where are you from?

My name is Jesse and I'm a born and bred Small Town Texas girl. We can call it Dallas, though. It's easier that way.
2. How did you discover cosplay?

I had friends that were into it in highschool, eventually they brought me along and I didn't look back sense!

3. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?

Gawl, that's a long list. I've been doing this too many years to recant that many costumes. Hint, though. It's more than 20. Its been anywhere from Anime and Video games to Sci Fi and of course.. comics.

Speedy




4. Have you worked on any sites?

Nope! Unless you count my facebook page.

5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?It depends. It can be anything from the fifth doctor to supergirl to any various new costume I've made. It just depends on my mood and who. I have a feeling that after Dragon*con this year, it'll be huntress. I'm so excited for that costume!

6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?
I'd be in the wrong hobby if I didn't! I keep up with all the current story lines as best as my wallet allows (really though, that's just too much to list.) My favorites range from the usual types- Like Green Arrow and the recent Batgirl Series. Of course, the various characters I've done I've also read their comics. I also adore the hawkman series. Favorite artists, hands down, is Bachalo, Dodson, Mike Diodato, Silvestri, and the late great Michael Turner.

7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?

I'm really not a huge gamer, but I do enjoy them on occasion. I love fightergames especially, the arcade style. I tear up Killer Instinct, and love Capcom versus Marvel (or SNK, too!) But, if I had to list two favorte games as my upmost favorites, it'd be Metal Slug Series and Devil May Cry Series.


Fantasy8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

To have fun. Above all, I do this to just have fun. If we're talking what costumes.. well, that's alot. For Dragon*Con I'll have Huntress, Black Widow II, Crystal, and Sister Grimm.. along with some others.

9. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?Conventions! Ok, that's a cop out answer.

I have two conventions that really are my favorite places to go and show off. Of course there's Dragon*Con- which is likely the most fun I've ever had at a convention ever, and then locally a convention called All Con. (Dallas, for those of you who forgot in the course of this interview where I'm from) It's really alot like a small dragon*con and is the best little convention I've ever had the pleasure of attending. If you're ever in the Dallas area, you absolutely should go!




Huntress

10. What other hobbies do you have?

rock climbing, travelling, various kinds of rpgs (as long as it's not Final Fantasy- my attetion span is too short for those), Sewing.
 

No comments: