Monday, September 27, 2010

10 questions with Avril Ann DeLuca

Time once again for another interview with a beautiful cosplayer.  This time I had the pleasure to interview the always beautiful, Avril Ann DeLuca.

mysterious_by_ave606-d2yxi941. What is your name and where are you from?

My name is Avril and would you believe I'm from Perth, Australia? I'm a long way from home now that I live in Florida lol

2. How did you discover cosplay?

I have always liked superheroes, but meeting my husband online (on a Power Rangers msgboard haha) and going to MegaCon with him really got me going. Our friends likened me to Mary Marvel the most, so I thought why not?

3. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?

I started cosplaying as Dark Mary Marvel in 2008, then I got some Birds of Prey graphic novels and just LOVED Lady Blackhawk so I got that made, and the latest was 70s Supergirl with the hotpants. I did that one b/c it's not something you see often :) I also wanted to rock the blonde hair without a pilot's hat -_^



Ms_Marvel_and_Mary_Marvel_by_Ave6064. What sites have you worked with?

I haven't worked with any sites, so I guess your blog is the first one :)


5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?

I don't think I have a favourite character to cosplay as since my costumes get all different reactions. Dark Mary Marvel allows me to play with evil, seductive expressions, Lady Blackhawk is just lots of fun, and Supergirl is strong. I like the diversity.

6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?

There aren't any comics that are my favourite right now. I really enjoyed Blackest Night and I like Brightest Day right now, and anything Birds of Prey, really. I dig the girl power lol I really hope Mary Batson gets some powers back at some point.

7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?

Hey_you_by_Ave606I LOVE fighting games! Marvel vs Capcom, Streetfighter, Tekken, Tastunoko vs Capcom, Dark Stalkers, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur etc I'm a button masher though.   Hey, whatever works, right??





8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

I am working on a DC Comics Isis costume right now, but the lady making my accessories is very busy, so I think it will be cutting it close for MegaCon 2011. I would really like to dress as Adora, but only if my husband was Seahawk ;)


Vintage_heroines_by_Ave6069. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?

I still like to play dress up at home when I'm bored. I like to put on full makeup, play with my hair and take photos and upload them to facebook which seems to have a wider audience. MegaCon is our main haunt, but I'm going to try and get to a comic store's anniversary bash in November and I'll try to dress up for that :)


10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?

I love heroes... more partial to DC heroes, and anything 80s! HE-MAN and SHE-RA for the win!


Links:


Evil_Mary_Marvel_1_by_Insane_Pencil

No comments: