Thursday, September 16, 2010

10 questions with Kearstin Nicholson

PhoenixYou know what time it is, time for another interview with a beautiful and talented cosplay model.  So, sit back and enjoy!

1. What is your name and where are you from?
Kearstin Nicholson, Chicago IL (suburbs!)

2. How did you discover cosplay?

I actually started in 2009! I have been going to conventions for a few years now, and I got so excited seeing characters I got jealous and said "I want to do this! This is amazing!" and up and started! I had never sewn before in my life, and it wasn't until February of this year (2010) I started to teach myself. It's been very frustrating but very rewarding at the same time! My character to-do list is getting ridiculously long!

3. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?

So far I have 12 characters completed: Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, White Phoenix of the Crown, Phoenix in The Last Stand, 90's Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Mystique, Ms Marvel, Sailor Jupiter, Mary Jane Watson, Elastigirl, Wonder Woman,
Mystique
4. What sites have you worked with?

Back in the day I used to be on quite a few websites for modeling, one also associated with Suicide Girls, however, now I'm freelance and have my own website. These days I join forums instead of modeling sites haha.

5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?

What, you can't tell? LOL Jean Grey!

6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?

Of course I do! I'm a Marvel fan for sure, but my heart definitely belongs to X-Men. The idea of mutation I feel every one can safely agree wishes were true. Comic reader or not!

7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?

I sure am! I own plenty of systems: XBOX, SNES, NES, Sega, PS1, PS2, Wii, original Gameboy. These days it's been a lot of XBOX. Recently, XBOX had corrupted my account AND my gamertag, so I had to get a new completely different account, with an unrecoverable gamertag, so I had to start over. I'll never be able they say to get my old tag back, let alone all of my achievements. It's frustrating!

8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

Scarlet WitchThe list is seriously in the 80's. I love spandex and I love original or colorful costumes, so expect those. Since I love X-Men so much, not just Jean Grey, I could go on forever and ever just busting out different uniforms of all their universes, so don't be surprised when another Jean or a redheaded costume gets completed! I do feel I want more video game and anime characters on my completed list, but I'm more a comic head than an anime kid.

9. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?

Conventions! I love them! Lately I've been asked to be a booth babe in costumes at conventions, as well as invited to star at events for children. Which can be fun... when the kid can recognize my character!

10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?

Comic books for sure. No doubt about it. I do feel as soon as my skill and money increases, I will branch out on the more intricate or complex costumes from crazier stories!

Links:



No comments: