Monday, October 25, 2010

10 questions with Giorgia Vecchini

_DSC9712With the help of the beautiful Giorgia, I was able to recover one of my lost interviews from when I first started this blog.  Giorgia is a beautiful, well known  cosplay model from Italy.  Derf's Domain is proud to present 10 questions with Giorgia.

1. What is your name and where are you from?

Giorgia Vecchini (best know as Giorgiacosplay), I’m from Verona(Italy)

2. How did you discover cosplay?

Well you either are born as a cosplayer or you become one of them. I was born as such, since I cosplayed Heidi from Heidi: Girl of the Alps when I was only two years old ;) Later, I used to attend comic conventions where some guys played some live fanatsy role playing game, wearing wizards, ogres and knights costumes, so I thought that I could have done the same using japanese animation characters. It was on the 21st of March of 1997, during the Spring Edition of Lucca Comics '97 I had my debut as a cosplayer wearing a Sailormars outfit from Sailormoon.

P3DSC_00713. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?

About 40 characters.Some examples:
Sailor Mars
Sailor Pluto
Wonder Woman
Elektra
Witchblade
Psylocke
Pirotess
Pretty Cure
Demon Bird Silene
Maleficent
Catra
And many more!

IMG_4805









4. What sites have you worked with?

My personal site is http://www.giorgiacosplay.com/ , but I work very hard for the biggest Italian Cosplay Communit, CosplayPlanet( http://www.cosplayplanet.net/ ),in which you can find all the pics from the main Italian Events, a dayly updated blog with odd news from cosplay world,and a lot of things cosplay related

5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?

I know that people from all over the world love me in the suit of SailorPluto, so maybe she’s become my fav too ^^, but I love to do cosplay evil characters…they are really much more funny!

6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?

I prefer manga, but I felt in love some years ago with Sandman,Fathom and with Bone of Jeff Smith

DSC_9649_mod

7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?

I’m totally retro game addicted.I love the old coin op game of 8o’s..do you remember Wonder boy or Ghost’n Goblin? I know that modern games offer to cosplayers a lot of magnificent costumes and sometimes I do it too ( expecially from MMporg)..but I still love them ^_^ maybe cause I’m grew up with them...for example I’ve planned to do the costume of Reika the main character of an old anime game called Time gal!

8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

First o fall a lot of projects for costumes from various categories (anime, games, cartoon,tv shows..),and I’d like to redone some old costumes in a better way, for example Morrigan(Darkstalkers) and Witchblade . Summer time is a great period for trips!I’ll be in Paris for Japan Expo in the first week end of July, then in Italy for a special event for poor people of Africa and then I will be guest in Mexico for Tsugicon.

2007-06-17_DDSC_00639. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?

I really love to show my efforts during the main con not only in Italy but even in Europe (for example Japan Expo in Paris) and all over the world ( TNT in Mexico, WCS and Comiket in Japan) ^_^

10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?

I’m so eclectic I really don’t think to have a fav genre, btw I prefer not overused characters and that fit me very well ;)

 Link:



Facebook page