It is that time once again for an interview with a lovely cosplay model. Today I have the honor of interviewing a skilled and always beautiful cosplayer known as Tally Smith. So, sit back and enjoy 10 questions with Tally Smith.
1. What is your name and where are you from?
Tally Smith. Originally from Orlando, but I moved to L.A. a little over a year ago.
2. How did you discover cosplay?
I got into cosplay when I learned about the Star Wars Celebration 4 convention a year before it happened. I decided that I wanted a costume to wear for it and in researching ways to make a good costume, I discovered forums and websites and a whole community of people who do just that! But I've really been into dressing up since I was a little kid.
3. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?
I've done lots of characters. Padme and a Princess Leia were my first and then I went to Supergirl and Lois Lane and Sally Jupiter and a whole array of characters. Lately, though, I've been mostly into Marvel stuff like Pepper Potts and an Ironette Dancer.
4. What sites have you worked with?
I'm a member of the Wolf Pack Elite, but also the Superhero Costuming forum, and The League of Heroes, and the West Coast Avengers. I'm an inactive member of the Rebel Legion and have helped out with the 501st.
5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?
My favorite character changes, but right now it's probably an Ironette dancer. Iron Man is my biggest obsession right now and I've done a costume similar to this a few years back. It's so much and people seem to really like it.
6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?
Yes, of course I do! Marvel is my favorite and in that my favorites are Invincible Iron Man and Avengers. But I also like Teen Titans, Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose, and others.
7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?
No, I've never been much of a gamer. Thought if I had to chose, then I'd go old school and say Doom 2.
8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?
Right now I'm working on Cassie's Wonder Girl, Tarot, Sophie-Anne from True Blood, and perhaps Hope from the X-Men and Black Widow.
9. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?
Dragon*Con is my favorite convention and it's the best con for awesome costumes.
10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?