Tuesday, November 9, 2010

10 questions with Lisa Tran

938159Time for another interview with talented and beautiful cosplayer.  This time my interview is with the lovely Lisa Tran.

1. What is your name and where are you from?

Lisa Tran from San Diego, CA

2. How did you discover cosplay?

I just had this incredible urge to dress up as Psylocke, my favorite X-Men character. I toyed with the idea for a few years and then decided to do it in 2002 at SDCC and had a great time! It was such a wonderful experience that I started making a new costume every year for comic con and found out that it was called cosplay and that there were lots of other people who did it. I started meeting other cosplayers who told me about cosplay.com and when I went on the site, I was really inspired by what others were doing. I love meeting people and looking at their work as much as I like wearing the costumes myself!

3. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?

My signature costume is Psylocke since I wear that one to SDCC regularly but I also really love my KOSMOS and Juclecia costumes. Most recently, I made “Shi” from Shi comics and that one was a lot of fun to wear.
1390365

4. What sites have you worked with?

I really only am registered with cosplay.com so I don’t post to other sites but my dear friend ZiggyB (who is an incredible photographer) has posted photo shoots of mine to his site as well. I’m listed as “Psylocke” on both those sites.

5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?

Psylocke is my favorite for sure.

6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?

I actually haven’t read many in recent years but I would say my favorite is “Everyday Magic.” It’s a standalone that features Zatanna – a classic!

7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?

Hmm, I have an xbox 360, ps3 and wii – or what is known as “the trifecta” at home. My favorite system is the 360 and I’m currently playing FFXIII. I have a pretty decent RPG collection which includes original copies of FFIII, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears and a lot of other stuff but probably my favorite game of all time is Suikoden II. It’s truly an underrated game and the best of that series.

SeungMina_52088. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

My dream cosplay would be one of the Knight Sabers’ hardsuits but until I figure out how to work fiberglass, I’m settling with making Alucard’s white suit from “The Dawn” next, most likely.

9. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?

In the past, I’ve gone to AX and SDCC.

10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?

Hmm! That is a tough question…either video games or comics. It depends on the convention. ;)











Be sure to check out these wonderful links for Lisa

LINKS:

Pics of her Psylocke costume

1390369

Pics of her version of Juclecia (from Magna Carta)



938141



No comments: