Friday, November 5, 2010

10 questions with Marie-Claude

124032494_fRNdu0M1_elsyIt is time for another interview with a gorgeous cosplay model.  I have been a fan of this lady since I saw her cosplay photos as Frost form Mortal Kombat.  I give you the always beautiful Marie-Claude.

1. What is your name and where are you from?

MC for Marie-Claude… My last name is probably French and almost unpronounceable in English, it’s Bourbonnais. Just call me MC ;) I’m from Quebec, the French part of Canada, you know, the country above the US.

2. How did you discover cosplay?

I’ve been through this question a couple of times now, let’s just say that I’ve been cosplaying without knowing it for the last 15 years. I used to dress up in costume a long time ago but I was not aware that it was bearing a name. It became more intense when I found that I was not alone! It’s really stimulating to share knowledge and passion with other cosplayers.

3. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?

Lately, I did Caitlin Fairchild (Gen13, I made 2 versions), Frost (Mortal Kombat),
Rogue (X-Men), Sue Storm (Fantastic 4), Victoria Seras (Hellsing) and some other ones in the old days that I try to forget. My craftsmanship improved a lot during the last years.

4. What sites have you worked with?

110554351_UeLw4Gor_MCBisFROST1of9As I’m also a glamour model, you may have seen me on the Playboy’s casting call pages, on ActionGirls, on Amagination and a few others. I don’t do that much content, it’s not as exciting as searching for the perfect picture with the perfect story and costume.

Cosplay wise, you might have seen me on Mercenar, Les Chimères de Mirinar, NoLife TV and a few others.

I also played in Heroes of the North, it’s a totally free web series, you’ll see me a little later in the season. Don’t miss it, it’s funny and full of eye candy.

5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?

Duno, I can’t choose! There are a lot of characters I would like to cosplay. I don’t care about the sex, race or complexity, if I fall in love with a design, I’ll do it! I’m a big fan of Bleach (Japanese manga and anime) and Mortal Kombat games. I also get a lot of requests for certain characters and I plan to give people what they are asking for. I always postpone my Hellboy version but it should be done by the beginning of 2011.

106599871_a32uSo4D_WQ6O1207EditEdit6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?

Yeap! Witchblade, Danger Girl, Gen 13…

7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?

I’m afraid of remotes! I’d rather watch other people play :S I must have watched over 1000 hours of Battlefield and another 1000 hours of Mortal Kombat II-III. Like the series Age of Empires, King’s Quest and Myst. I prefer quests like Vampire Bloodline, it’s like watching a movie! I keep preciously an old Game Boy with the Handy Boy system… You know the foldable speakers with the magnifier and the Joyplus joystick. Show me shuttle lunch if you can.

8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

Have fun first and push my limits to the extreme. I have enough ideas for 10 lives, creative options are not a problem, I work hard on finding ways to bring my concepts to life. Find the right people to teach me new techniques and to team up with in order to create amazing results.

9. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?

I would say the web because I live far from any cosplay hot spot. I do it for myself first (costume, props, pictures and all) and I don’t have any occasion or event close to me to display my stuff, so sharing my experiments on the Internet is pretty convenient. This beeing said, conventions are so much fun, I always have a great time going out in costume and taking pictures.

10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?

Mmmm, it all depends on the character himself. My ‘to do’ list is a mix of everything, from Japanese manga and anime, American comics, movie or video game characters and other crazy stuff you’ll see later!

Links:

No comments: