Friday, December 3, 2010

10 questions with Clef

PhotobucketI was going through my deviantart messages and I came across a blast from the past.  Here is the interview I did with the multi-talented Clef.  I am glad that I was able to find this because it was one of my first, yet favorite interviews.  Enjoy!

1. What is your name and where are you from?

My name is Laurence, I live in France near Paris , 5 minutes from Disneyland Paris

2. How did you discover cosplay?

ouh! It was about 10 years ago. I was at my first con as a fanziner when I saw people walking in costumes, I remember thinking: "What is that ?? It is so cool!" Next con I had my first handmaid costume, and it was terrible.

3. How does it feel to be known as a great illustrator?

I don't think beeing known as a great illustrator otherweise I would already have signed a big contract with a big company. It's a hard job... To say the truth, each month I'm struggling finding illustration's missions .

Photobucket4. Have you worked with sites? If so, what sites have you worked with?

well, my drawings and cosplay are on my deviant art, my cosplays are on "cosplay.com", on "cosplay it!" ( french cosplay community) and on my official website. I'v been featured on different websites but I can't tell which ones^^. I think that's it :3

5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?

I have none. It depends of the days, the times, or if I'm in a good or bad mood.(or if my health let me do whatever I want) Few years ago I was more into cute "kawaii" characters. Now that I'm aging, I feel a bit less confortable with them, especially with characters showing their stomach. I'm getting more and more into comics. I think I suits better a woman than a young girl. However, I have to say that I loved a lot cosplaying Tinkerbell.

6. What would you say is your greatest passion? Cosplay or Illustrating?

Both are at the same level, the only difference is that illustration is my life job. Cosplay is a hobby, and I'm not sure I'll be able to do that all my life^^ ( Did you know I hate sewing ? That's a bit of a paradox)

Photobucket7. What made you decide to become an illustrator?

...Well, I guess it is because it is the only thing I can do well. No much choices left.;;

8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

I'm not the kind of cosplayer to plan her costumes, I don't have a list. If I see a character I like, I'll cosplay it ( If I think I could fit it)Otherweise, I don't cosplay. For example, there is a con coming in september in Paris. I prefered to book a booth to sell my drawings, so no cosplay for me this time, even if I have 2 costumes already done waiting to be worn.

9. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?

I think I prefere cosplay for photoshoots, and have beautiful pictures to remember when I'll be old. I don't like contests ( to much stress and not enough fun)

Photobucket
10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?

Question number 5 already replied the question I think^^.











                                                     Links:   

Photobucket

No comments: