Saturday, December 11, 2010

10 questions with Tazzy

PhotobucketTime for another interview with a talented and beautiful cosplayer.  Today's focus is on the one and only Tazzy.  So sit back, relax, and enjoy the interview.

1. What is your name and where are you from?

Tasli, but my friends or anonymous riffraff on the internet call me Tazzy. Or Taz.

2. How did you discover cosplay?

My sister and best friend drove 5 hours to visit an anime convention when we were 16, and it was there I saw cosplay for the first time. I never had any idea this madness existed until then. This was not a fated moment when suddenly a beam of light shone down and a booming voice told me that I should start cosplaying ... I actually took no interest in it until many years later, and for what reason I do not recall. My life is very vague. Not many poignant moments, at least when it comes to cosplay.


Photobucket3. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?

This and that. Earlier on, I made awkward choices for my body type and demeanor. Now, i'm more in-tune with which character would "fit" my overall person better. Its odd, but this came with practice.

I'm very motivated by strong female characters, but make no mistake, design makes a HUGE impact on me. I wouldn't be surprised if I willed myself to like a character, just because I liked her costume.

4. What sites have you worked with?

None. I ain't no big shot! Y'hear?

5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?

Scarlet Witch. She has always been my favorite female member of the Avengers, and her rather turbulent relationship with Vision rubs me the right way. Not to mention, her hair is huge and awesome.

Photobucket6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?

I am all over the place in that regard. I've never been strict with my comics, nor have I ever sought out the newest issue (I dislike the thought of having long box after long box full of comics I only read once). I collect TPB's of all sorts; Avengers, Batman, Birds of Prey, Tarot:Witch of the Blackrose, most notably. I've got a stack of Grimm Fairy Tales, Fables, Lady Death, and lots of other one-shots and random things. I am eagerly awaiting the new Vampirella series, and really enjoying Avengers Childrens Crusade so far. I'm all over the place! For the most part, my comics center around women. Really hot women.

7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?

Nope, not a gamer. However, make no mistake, I love to play. DDR used to keep me up (and my mother, thanks to all the stomping coming from the TV room) until the wee hours of the morning, and the rivalries between my sister and I when it comes to SuperSmashBros. Melee is glowing hot. It feels unnecessary to mention, but Pokemon (Red! All the way!) is always a favorite.

Photobucket8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

Keep on struggling to make ends meet and the costumes coming!

9. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?

Online. Lame, I know. The expense of going to a convention is usually to great, especially when you consider that my spare money went into making the damn costume!

10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?

Any character with a little pizazz in the personality department, and a bangin' costume to match.

LINKS:


No comments: