Thursday, January 6, 2011

Teen Titans: Cold Case One-Shot

Cold Case
The other day I had the pleasure of reading the DC Comics one-shot, Teen Titans: Cold Case.  I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised.  I have really never been a huge fan of the titans but I check on their titles from time to time.  One called me to this issue was the Rogues Gallery from the Flash titles.  Ever since Superfriends, Captain Cold has always been a favorite villain of mine.  I also love the fact that Deathstroke was in the book, even though he was not in it as much as I would like. I mean, Deathstroke is bad ass!  But I will discuss this further in a future post.
The story revolves around Robin, Tim Drake, and is connection to the Rogues.  According to the story, his father and the original Captain Boomerang and some tussles which led to death.  Who dies you ask? Get the book! Anyway, Deathstroke uses his daughter, Ravager, as bait to lure the Titans into a trap, a trap they barely get out of that is.  To make a long story short, the Titans fight and get beat but come out swinging to win the fight and the new Titans realize they have to become a family like the Titans of old.
I would give this story a 7 out of 10.  It was a good story, but it could have been better.  I still say go out to a comic shop near you and pick up an issue today, it is definitely worth the read!

No comments: