Monday, August 1, 2011

the Mighty Thor: Thunderstrike

TPB CoverI was a my local bookstore yesterday and I saw a new TPB that I had to have.  The trade was from the mighty Thor vault and was titled Thunderstrike.  For those of you who are new to the stories of Thor, there was a time when a man named Eric Masterson was bound to Mjolnir and became Thor.  This trade contains Thor issues #431-433, #457-459, and material from #408 as well as Thunderstrike #1.

This is a must read for any Thor or Thunderstrike fan.  Appearances from Hercules, Odin, Loki, Mephisto, Ulik, Bloodaxe, etc... make this an action-packed read.  I started reading as soon as I got home and did not put it down until I was finished.   

I never really knew the background to Thunderstrike because he came out at a time in my life when I took a pause from comics.  I am so glad I got this trade because his story is explained in full depth.    So, go to your local bookstore and get your copy today.  You will be glad you did.



I give this trade a 9 out of 10 stars and would recommend it to everyone.




Here is an epic battle scene from the trade.  This is Thunderstrike taking down Bloodaxe.

Battle

No comments: