Friday, January 6, 2012

10 questions with Tat Zee

Well, it is long overdo but I do have another interview for you to enjoy.  I have to say, I was asked quite a few times when was I going to interview the Plastic Woman from the GBJLA, so here it is.  I give to you, the always beautiful Tat Zee.

Shades1.What is your name and where are you from? 

Hi, I’m Tat Zee and I’m from California.

2. How did you discover cosplay?

Well I learned how to sew your basic pillow and drawstring bags at a pretty young age, and like many other cosplayers I was a huge fan of Halloween. In about 2001, my sister LuckInSpades heard about a nearby anime convention, and since she had already made a costume from one of our favorite video games I decided to join in and dress up! I had a great time and it just kept going from there. Then in 2007, I went to ComicCon with my friend Silver Tallest and jumped into the comic book convention world.

3. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?

The whole list as I can remember it is as follows:

Final Fantasy: Quistis(VIII), Vivi(IX); Comics: Zatanna, PlasticLass (as part of the Genderbent Justice League), Silk Spectre I (film version); Television: Dr. Girlfriend (Venture Bros.), Girl Hitler (Venture Bros), Raven (Teen Titans animated series), Flo (from the progressive commercials), Belle (town outfit), Katara (Avatar) Velma (Scooby-Doo), Queen of Hearts (Original design); Anime: Sumomo(Chobits), Kagome (InuYasha), Shippo(InuYasha) and, Kouga(InuYasha)

Silk4. What sites have you worked with?

Well I am on facebook and sometimes DeviantArt. However I haven't ever "worked" for a site.

5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?

I think my favorite has to be PlasticLass! A huge part of what makes her so fun is the fact that I get to run around the convention with my friends, who are all amazing and talented cosplayers, and I just have a blast with them. It certainly doesn’t hurt that it is an extremely comfortable and cute outfit to wear that is extremely low maintenance. Belle is a very close second though, because who doesn't want to be a princess all day? ^_^

6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?

I don’t really read as many series as I would really like to. However I do really enjoy Fables, Sandman, Batman, Zatanna, and Blankets (Graphic Novel).

7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?
Magic
I am! Sadly I haven’t been able to play as often as I used to. I recently decided to replay Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) and am having a wonderfully nostalgic time with that. I like the Final Fantasy series (Playstation/PS2) and have played 8, 9, 10, 10-2, and 12. During the time between Final Fantasies, I picked up Shadow Hearts for PS2 and really enjoyed the dark and slightly macabre aspect.

8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

At the moment I am making Snow White and Cinderella for my job as a party performer. I’ve started making a Sailor Mercury costume to go with my friend Kit Quinn’s Sailor Mars, unfortunately it’s been a continuous project for over a year due to a lot of stops. However the next costume I’d like to do is the Justice League Animated Series Hawkgirl. I always loved her spunk, and her wings would be a great challenge.

Raven9. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?

Most of the pictures of my costumes end up on my Facebook page. I’m not horribly organized, but luckily my friends have this awesome skill of finding pictures online and are kind enough to share them or tag me in them.

10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?

Ooo, that’s a hard one! I don’t think I could pick which one is my favorite. But if I based it only on the number of costumes in the genre, it would seem that television shows are the winner.

Link:


No comments: