Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Let's Talk Comics on TV: Preacher


AMC has continued to take comics and successfully transition them to TV.  Now that season 1 of Preacher is over, I am curious to hear from you the fans on your thoughts of the matter.

I for one was not a die hard fan of the show until episode 5 when we found out more about Genesis and exactly what it can do.   When Jesse condemned Eugene to Hell and that is exactly what happened, the hairs on my arms stood straight up. That is how well, the show captured that moment.  From episode 5 until the finale I was entranced.  In fact I had a DVR marathon yesterday just to see it before writing this post.


Now, I know there are naysayers and doubters of the show because it isn't paced exactly like the comics, but that is fine with me.  I mean look, you still have some people bitch about how the Walking Dead isn't like the books.  Who cares as long as it is entertaining?  I wasn't sold on Preacher right away but I am a big fan now and I cannot wait to see what will take place in Season 2.  I will say that the casting of Jesse and Cassidy is just plain brilliant and gives the show the life it needs to last.

I what to know, what are your thoughts on the matter.  Please feel free to post in the comments section and I will try to answer you in a timely matter.  Until next time, get your READ on and in this case, get you TV on. XD

No comments: