Saturday, October 22, 2016

What2Watch: the Exorcist


I'm starting a new section on my blog known as What2Watch or W2W.  This is when I will take the time to tell you, my fans what i think you should watch on your TV or even in the theatre or computer.  Since it is October, it is only fitting that I start with something a little scary.

As a child, and even still today, the movie that gives me the chills is the Exorcist. I saw the Exorcist when I was young and as I went to bed my brother was hiding under my bed and gave me a scare.  After years of nightmares and therapy I became a fan of this genre of horror.  So when I heard they were making a TV series based on the film I was very excited.


The series follows the paths of two priests.  One is a young up and comer in the mean streets of Chicago while the other is a former exorcist who is forced into an early retirement due to an exorcism that didn't end as all had hoped.  It is through God's guidance that there paths cross.

You see, the young priest, Father Tomas is need of assistance to help some patrons from his parish who is having a little "trouble".  As more is discovered about the family, we realize the girl in question, Kat,  wasn't the possessed one at all...it is her sister, Casey.  It is obvious they are facing a powerful demon.  A demon who is all familiar with the sins and failures of Father Tomas and the retired Exorcist Father Marcus.

As they battle the demon, things get complicated.  Father Tomas is too weak in the sins of the flesh to be successful as an exorcist and Father Marcus is stopped before he can finish due to Kat's interference.  That wasn't the biggest bombshell on the latest episode titled, "Grievous" dropped.  I must warn you to stop reading now if you haven't seen this episode. For those still with me, it turns out that Angela Rance has a big secret.  It turns out that Angela isn't her real name.  Her real name is Regan MacNeil.  Yes, that's right,  Geena Davis is the adult Regan to Linda Blairs child Regan.  What a bomb!


This show is definitely worth watching, DVRing, On Demanding, and owning when the Blue-rays hit the shelves.

I give the Exorcist 9 out of 10 Stars.  I only give it a 9 because some episodes were a little slow but it is definitely getting better and will always be worth watching.


Click the link to see the Cast.

No comments: