Saturday, February 11, 2017

What's On? TV Talk - Legion Edition

(Catch Legion on Wednesdays on FX)

At times we live in a world where the sane seems insane and the insane seems to be  normal, but what if that is just a glimpse of what your life is like everyday. Spending countless hours pondering what is real and what is fake. Well, that is exactly what it is like if your name is David Haller.  This show had me on name only because I was a big fan of the exploits of Legion from the pages of the X-men back in the day.  So, when I heard there was going to be a show, I knew I had to watch.

Well, I watched the show and I have to admit it was well written and definitely is must-see-TV for those who are fans of great writing. Dan Stevens does a convincing job as David, possibly the world's strongest mutant as stated in the show.  Dan's acting convinces you of his possible insanity.  We all know he just has a lot built into that noggin of his, lol. Another great reason to watch the show is Aubrey Plaza's take on Lenny, a fellow inmate from the asylum who happens to have a fixation for candy.  

(David aka Legion and Lenny)

The two of them steal the show, especially in the premiere episode.  I just cannot wait to see what the future has in store for us.  The first episode left us satisfied yet wanting more.  We saw a variety of mutants and possibly have more in store. I wonder if there will be any Easter eggs for X-men fans around the world.  Who knows, but I know I will be there to find out.  I gladly give Legion a 9 out of 10 rating and I am sure I will be doing another review in the future.  Stay tuned,and as always remember to unleash your inner NERD.

(Legion as seen in Marvel Comics)

No comments: