Saturday, September 2, 2017

Saturday Showcase: Magik


I am starting something new on my blog to showcase my favorite characters from the world of comics.  As many of you know, I am a huge comic NERD and I feel that some characters do not get there "due".  I mean, in the world of film and TV, there are some really good characters that don't get their big break.  So, I created a post I will call Saturday Showcase.  Every Saturday, I will showcase a new character from the world of comics.

Today's showcase spotlights one of my favorite mutants.  Her birth name is Illyana Rasputin but you may know her as Magik.  As many of you know, she is the sister to the X-man known as Colossus.  What you may not know is that she originally died from the mutant killing Legacy Virus.  As we know now, is that although her physical form died, the part of her that was tied to Hell lived on and became a very powerful "witch".  



In later years, Marvel brought her back from the dead (as they usually do with fan favorites) for some much needed awakenings in their comics.

Magik will always be one of my favorite "Background Players" in the world of comics and she is a kick as character in the Contest of Champions App.



First Appearance:
(As Illyana) Giant Size X-men #1 (1975)
(As Magik) New Mutants #14 (1984)


No comments: