Saturday, June 16, 2018

My Picks for Money in the Bank

All photos in this post provided by the WWE.
Man, nXt Takeover put on a show.  I do not know how the 2018 MITB can top it, but I m sure the WWE superstars have some tricks up their sleeve.  Let's take a look at the matches and I will give you my thoughts on who should win.

WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura 
(Last Man Standing Match)


First up, the Phenomenal AJ Styles Vs the Artist Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship.  It is no secret that I am a huge AJ Styles fan, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I pick AJ for the win.  Sure, Shinsuke likes to play dirty and that is the main reason for choosing a Last Man Standing match, but AJ is capable of defeating Shinsuke at his own game.  I mean, he was the leader of the Club for Pete's sake.  You think they are going to stay behind the scenes and let their friend lose his title?  Not on their watch!  Even if Gallows and Anderson do not help Styles, Styles will come out on top because he is just too phenomenal for Shinsuke to handle.

Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match


Now this match could get really interesting.  On paper, one would think that Braun will win, but I have the feeling that the other 7 men will try to take him out the picture immediately.  

Another factor one has to think of is exactly who is representing the New Day in this match.  I mean, Who? Who? Who can it be? (see what I did there)  Will it be Big E?  Kofi?  Woods?  If it is Big E, you are in for a power show.  If it is Kofi, you have another high flyer.  If it is Woods, you have a complete strategist.  If the New Day wants to win the case, I would send in Woods.

The man I want to see victorious is the Destroyer, Samoa Joe.  I feel that the others will team up against him as soon as Braun is taken care of.  Look for the Miz to try to steal the win and capitalize on others effort and hard work.  

Honestly, this match can go either way, but I am sticking to my gut and picking Samoa Joe.

Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match


Another talent filled ladder match, this time for a shot at the women's title of their choice.  Last year Carmella won due to a technicality in the rules.  This year the competition is fierce.  I expect a good showing by all, but I think Becky Lynch has the fire that will drive her for the win.  Others may disagree, but I see several wrestlers who are having issues with each other like Lana and Naomi or Bliss and Sasha.  So, like I said earlier, Lynch for the win.

Raw Women’s Champion Nia Jax vs. Ronda Rousey


Nia may think she can just walk over Ronda like she has done to others, but she is in for a fight.  None of the women on Smackdown or Raw have ever faced a competitor like Ronda.  If Nia wrestles fair and keeps it legal, Ronda should walk away the new women's champion of Raw.  Something tells me that Nia has an Ace in her pocket.  Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the Authority has plans to help Nia keep her belt.  That is the only way I see Nia remaining champion.  My pick is for Ronda, but it wouldn't surprise me if Nia cheats to win.

SmackDown Women’s Champion Carmella vs. Asuka


No disrespect to Carmella, but Asuka will win hand's down.  Unless, she gets help of course.  Last year, she won MITB thanks to James.  She won the title thanks to the Iconic Duo.  So, by my math, she has to cheat to win.  The only way she walks away champion, is if she gets help from some friends.

Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal


The big dog is looking for a fight and Jinder will give it to him.  When it comes to this match, the question you need to ask yourself, is Roman ready to turn heel?  The only way I see him walking away victorious is if he finds that inner enforcer like he was in the SHIELD days and just destroy everything and everyone.  I pick Jinder for the win.

Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn


I am pulling for Sami in this match.  Why?  He is too talented of a wrestler to just be used as a jobber to make others look good.  I look for Sami to dig deep and kick Lashley's ass.  He is halfway there already because he has a room in Bobby's head.  If it was a match of power, Lashley would win hand's down.  But since this is a wrestling match, I look forward to Sami out-thinking Bobby.

Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins vs. Elias


These two men despise each other, that is no secret.  Elias may be on a roll and think he has what it takes to beat Rollins, but I fear he will fall short.  I pick Rollins for the win.

Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass


Big Cass is a bully and cannot keep up with the talent that is Daniel Bryan.  Daniel should win by submission, however I feel Cass will play dirty.  So, I think Daniel will win but by DQ.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match:
The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson (Kickoff Match)


To be honest, I am pissed off that this is a kick-off match.  I mean, What the Hell?  It is for a championship.  Why couldn't the match with Sami and Bobby or Jinder and Reigns be the kick-off match?  Those matches aren't for a prize. I think it shows disrespect to the tag champs as well as the soon-to-be tag champs.  I am going to pull for the Club aka the Good Brothers to show the Tag Champs that they can take the titles at any time.  However, I feel there will be a bludgeoning which will end a DQ so the belts won't change hands.  I pick the Club for the win, but I think the championship will stay where it is.

Closing thoughts:  What the hell happened to the Raw Tag Title match?  It's not even mentioned on WWE.com as a match for MITB.  Was it deleted?  Just in case it does happen, I pick the Deleters of Worlds to take care of the B-team causing them to be WOKEN.

No comments: