Friday, June 15, 2018

My Picks for nXt Takeover Chicago


Tomorrow is Takeover Chicago and there is going to be a lot of great matches.  This PPV promises to outshine MITB, that is how many quality matches there are on this card.  Let's take a look.

nXt tag titles:  The Undisputed Era Vs Lorcan and Burch


I think this will be a hard fought title match but the Undisputed Era will rise to the top.  Not only are they a more focused group, they are on the same page.  I mean, Lorcan and Burch are enemies who formed a team to get gold.  The Undisputed Era will use this to their advantage and make the team of Lorcan and Burch nonexistent.

Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream


I believe this could be the match of the night.  Both men are very talented but Ricochet has the edge and the experience that should cause him to walk away with the win.  I know there are rumors out there that Ricochet is wrestling injured, but I believe he will still make the Velveteen Dream realize that not all dreams come true.

NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler vs. Nikki Cross


Shayna is a talented and brutal fighter, but Nikki is insane.  Nikki's chaotic ways will lead to the most challenging match that Shayna will ever have.  The match is Nikki's for the taking, but in her chaotic state she could become distracted which would be the only way I see Nikki losing.  I believe Nikki should and will win the nXtWomen's Title.

Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa (Chicago Street Fight)


As much as I love and appreciate Johnny Wrestling and Ciampa, I really hope this is the last match these two have against each other.  Since it is a street fight I expect a lot of emotions and blood to be spilled.  Johnny is a great wrestler but Ciampa has proven to be fearless and has a blood lust.  This thirst is what I believe will allow Ciampa to walk away with the win.

NXT Champion Aleister Black vs. Lars Sullivan


This will be an epic championship match.  Black is a very talented striker but Lars is a monster.  I expect Lars to push Aleister to his limits, but I think the monster will tire out before getting the pin.  So, I am picking Aleister Black to successfully defend his title and walk away champion.

No comments: