Thursday, June 28, 2018

What You Should Be Reading: G.I. Joe Vs the Six Million Dollar Man


    I just finished reading issue #4 of the G.I. Joe Vs the Six Million Dollar Man mini-series from IDW Publishing/Dynamite Entertainment.  I know the series ended in Mat and I am a little behind with my reading, but this series had me hooked from the beginning.  

    First of all, I remember watching the reruns of the Six Million Dollar Man as a kid.  I was also there, when the G.I. Joe cartoon first hit the airwaves.  So this series, to me, was like reliving part of my childhood. So kuddos to ythe writers for that.

    Secondly, this story was so well written, that it was relevant to today.  Countries at war, organizations trying to have the best weapon, and so forth.  I do not want to give too much away because I want you to read this for yourself.



    Basically, COBRA finds a way to control Col. Steve Austin aka the Six Million Dollar Man.  He turns out to be COBRA's most effective weapon and proves to be a challenge for the Joes.  Battles are fought, lost, and eventually won leaving COBRA to try to conquer the world another day.  

    This series has all the favorites of my youth, Snake-eyes, Storm Shadow, Roadblock, Recondo, Zartan, and even the Cobra BATs.  Ryan Ferrier did an outstanding job on writing this series.  The writing was done so well that I would love to see it as an animated film.  I would buy the Blue Ray in a heartbeat.  The artwork of SL Gallant was spot on.  This is a must read for any fans of the G.I. Joe organization as well as the Six Million Dollar franchise.  Do your self a favor and go to a local comic store and get the 4 issues today.   If you cannot find them, keep your eyes posted for the trade of this series when it hits shelves in early August of 2018.

Yo Joe!

Until next time, get your READ on!


No comments: