Saturday, July 14, 2018

EXTREME RULES 2018 - My Picks


    Sunday, July 15, 2018 promises to be one of the best Extreme Rules PPV's since the original ECW.  Now, we all know this is the PG Era so their will be hardly any blood spilled but their will be pain.  So let's just get right to my picks.

AJ Styles VS Rusev ( World Championship Match)

This promises to be a great match.  The Phenomenal One will show Rusev that you need more than a day to defeat him.  Don't get me wrong, I like Rusev and he is a powerhouse, but I think Styles will come out on top.

My Pick: AJ Styles

Lashley Vs Reigns

This match up is one of those matches where I really could do without it.  Don't get me wrong, he will be a slug fest but is it really PPV worthy? Maybe it is worthy of the kick off show but not the main card.   Either way, I believe Roman will stand tall.

My Pick: Roman Reigns

Strowman Vs Owens (STEEL CAGE)

This is going to be a slobber knocker.  The Monster is going to demolish Owens in that cage...or will he?  Owens is a fighter and I think he may find a way to win.  I know the easy money is on the Monster to win, but I am going for the underdog.

My Pick: Kevin Owens

The Bludgeon Brothers Vs Team Hell No (Smackdown Live Tag Titles)

This could be the sleeper match of the night.  You got two monsters Vs one demon and a goat, so it could go either way.  Team Hell No may have the WWE universe on their side, but is that enough?  As much as I like Kane and Daniel, I feel the Brothers will be victorious to remain the Tag Champs of Smackdown Live.

My Pick: the Bludgeon Brothers

Intercontinental Championship Iron Man Match

This match has the showstopper Vs the architect.  Seth and Dolph are two of te best IC Champions the WWE has ever seen.  With that said, Dolph has not so secret weapon that could spell trouble for Rollins in this Iron Man match.  Wil Drew be Dolph's key to success in this match up or will Rollins burn it down?

My Pick: Dolph Ziggler

United States Championship Match - Hardy Vs Shinsuke

Both wrestlers are wrestling hurt, will this become a factor on the outcome?  Of course it will!  Question is, who is hurting the worst?  Both wrestlers are extremely talented and could make this match very entertaining.  If Shinsuke is able to stay focused, I believe he can defeat Hardy with his strong style.  If Shinsuke can keep Jeff grounded, the championship is his for the taking.

My Pick: Shinsuke Nakamura

Alexa Bliss Vs Nia Jax (RAW Women's Championship)

Normally, I would just say Nia flat out but this is an extreme rules match which basically means there are no rules.  So, with that said Mickie could interfere or Alexa could use a weapon to her advantage.  But let us not forget that Ronda will be at ringside (as a spectator) and that could draw Bliss's attention.  I believe it will be a fight, bt I also believe that we will see Nia as a two time Raw Women;s Champion.

My Pick: Nia Jax

Asuka Vs Carmella (Smackdown Live Women's Championship)

It's no secret that I am a huge Asuka fan and that I want her to win.  That is what I want, but with James in a shark cage above the match anything could happen.  As we all know, sometimes the shark cage allows for the interference that leads to the wrong person winning.  I have a good feeling that even though the odds are against her, Asuka will come out on top.

My Pick: Asuka

the Deleters of Worlds Vs the B team (Raw Tag Titles)

The B tean has been on a roll lately, even beating Hardy and Wyatt in singles matches but that all ends Sunday.  Look for teh B team to be DELETED!

My Pick: the Deleters of Worlds

Sonya Deville as Raven

No comments: