Sunday, November 18, 2018

Survivor Series 2018 - My Picks


    Well, I have to admit that after seeing last night's War Games, I do not know how well this pay-per-view will match up.  I mean War Games was extreme in many ways.  I know the WWE has some great talent, but two of the matches I wanted to see have been altered since the card was announced.  First, I am pissed that the Man cannot finish what she started on RAW and I am also pissed that Daniel Bryan used a low blow to weasel his way to victory to take on the Beast.  
    I know that the business is business but this sucks.  I am excited to see the Series, but I really wanted to see the Phenomenal One make the Beast tap and I wanted to see the Man show Rousey  how it's done in the WWE.  
    Oh well, let's get to my picks.  Yesterday I was correct 3 out of 4 times, so let's see how well I do today.

Kick-Off: RAW Tag Division Vs Smackdown Live Tag Division
10-on-10 Tag Team Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match 

    Both the RAW and Smackdown Live Tag divisions are pretty decent, but I think Team Blue has the best teams.  The Revival and the Ascension are my favorite teams on RAW, but they are always overlooked. I think tonight is their chance to say look at me and to gain some respect from the RAW locker room.  Team Blue aka Smackdown Live is stacked with tag team talent.  I honestly think Team Blue has the greatest chance to pull of the win.  

Winner: Smackdown Live

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
 Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Mustafa Ali
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match

    I admit I do not watch 205 Live as much as I would like to due to my work schedule, but I feel this will be one hell of a match.  Both Murphy and Ali are talented wrestlers, but I think Murphy will some how come out with the victory but Mustafa Ali will steal the show as usual.

Winner: Buddy Murphy

Raw Tag Team Champions AOP vs. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bar (w/ Big Show)
RAW VS Smackdown Live - Tag Champions Vs Tag Champions Match

    The Authors of Pain are the most dominate force in the RAW tag division, but they need to realize the Bar is not only dominant physically, but mentally as well.  Plus, with insurance like the Big Show, it will be a little harder to pull of the win than when they double teamed Rollins to get the titles.  They may be Corbin's mercenaries, but the Bar is a well seasoned fighting unit that is ready for war.  It will be a tough battle, but the Bar will leave the AoP destroyed on the field of battle.

Winner: the Bar

Women’s 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match
Women’s 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match

    The women's match is one of the unknowns in my opinion.  We know exactly who is on team RAW, but with the loss of Charlotte Flair, we do not know the exact make-up of the Smackdown Live team.  There are several women they could choose from, but the top two choices are probably Lana and Mandy Rose.  I, personally, think that they will put Mandy Rose in Flair's spot.  With that said, Team Blue has some talent, but Team Red has the POWER.  I think this match will be one of RAW's only victories.

Winner:  Team RAW

Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins vs. United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura
Champion Vs Champion
Intercontinental Champion Rollins Vs United States Champion Nakamura

    I think this match will be the most entertaining matches in the single's division matches that are on the card.  Both men are talented wrestlers and have shown the WWE Universe why they are champions.  They take no crap but they can dish it out.  Personally, I think Ambrose will make an appearance and distract Rollins which will allow Nakamura to capitalize.  The match could go either way, but I feel it will go the way of Team Blue.

Winner: Shinsuke Makamura

Men’s 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match
Men’s 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match

     One might think that RAW has this one in the bag because of Strowman and McIntyre, but I would disagree.  Smackdown Live has the high flying duo of Hardy and Mysterio as well as the AWESOMENESS of the Miz, but most importantly, they have Samoa Joe who can put you to sleep and throw your limp body over the ropes.  Team RAW has a Monster who could easily lose focus and settle a score with the team's manager, Baron Corbin.  There are many ways Corbin can "Get These Hands" without the Monster breaking his word to Stephanie.  Because of how I feel tempers will flare up in this match, my money is on Team Blue.

Winner: Smackdown Live

Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. WWE Champion Daniel Bryan
Champion Vs Champion
Universal Champion Brock Lesnar Vs. WWE Champion Daniel Bryan

   Originally, this was one match that I was looking forward to.  I thought the match would be PHENOMENAL, but now I think it is going to be a massacre.  Don't get me wrong, Daniel Bryan is a talented wrestler, but he is no match for the Beast.  Daniel may get some shots in, but no low blow is going to take the Beast out of game, it will only ensure your visit to Supplex City will be very painful.

Winner: the Beast, Brock Lesnar

Raw Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair
Ronda Rousey Vs Charlotte Flair

    This was originally supposed to be a champion vs champion match, but the medical officials will not let the Man defend Team Blue.  So, we have the next best thing in the Queen.  I feel this will be a good match and that Charlotte will provide competition for Rousey.  Rousey will realize she has not wrestled someone like the Queen.  I do feel, Becky "the Man" Lynch will make her presence known because I do not feel she is just going to sit around and watch.  The question is, who will the Man's appearance shake up the most?  I feel it will be a close match but I think Rousey just might get her first loss tonight.

Winner: Charlotte Flair

No comments: