Saturday, December 22, 2018

Saturday Showcase: Ocean Master

Ocean Master (New 52)
    This weekend the film Aquaman was released.  In honor of its release, I decided to showcase the one and only Ocean Master.  Usually I try to showcase individuals that some may not have heard of or know enough of, but any DC Comics fan knows exactly who is the Ocean Master.

First appearance: Aquaman #29 (September 1966)
    Orm Curry is the half-brother of Arthur Curry (Aquaman).  He was created by Bob Haney and Nick Cardy and first appeared in Aquaman #29 back in 1966.  Orm is one of those characters that can leave you guessing.  What do I mean?  Well, when we were first introduced to the character Orm, he was Arthur's human half-brother, but when the New 52 got it's hands on him he became Atlantean.  So, you can almost say that the Ocean Master and Orm are actually two different people.

Human no more
    I am a fan of the original version of Ocean Master.  The story-lines were more creative and had a little more imagination.  I mean, he was an Ocean Master who was born on land.  
   However, during the New 52 Throne of Atlantis arc, King Orm totally kicked ass!  So, I ask you, which version of Orm is your favorite.  If you find yourself confused, just do what I do and blame all these events on the Flash. (LoL, of course I am referencing the "headache" that is now known as Flashpoint)

Time for War
   All I can say is that I am ready to see Aquaman and I know the films version of Orm will do the Ocean Master justice.  From what I have seen and heard, Aquaman will be the best live action DC movie ever.   Do yourself a favor, go see the movie and then go to a book store and find you a trade or two that star the brothers of the sea and their battles to be.  

Patrick Wilson as Ocean Master aka King Orm
More about Ocean Master

ABILITIES:
-skilled military tactician-
-magical manipulation-
-utilizes mystically-powered trident-
-Atlantean physiology grants:
superhuman strength, stamina, and endurance
-ability to survive in aquatic environment-
-telepathic mind control over marine life-

Team Affiliations:

Anti-Justice League
Injustice Gang
   Secret Society of Super Villains

Game of Waves

Until next time, get your READ on!

No comments: