Saturday, May 18, 2019

Saturday Showcase: Warpath (Transformers)


Warpath - Vehicle Mode (Tank)
    I decided to switch things up for this showcase.  I have been in a Transformers kick as of late, so I decided to share my love for one of my favorite Autobots of all time, Warpath.  Warpath is a Generation 1 Autobot.  What I loved about when I first got my Warpath, I didn't know if he was an Autobot or Decepticon.  You had to rub the emblem to see which it would be.  I remember wishing he was an Autobot and when I was proven correct, I was absolutely ecstatic!

King of the Hill (Transformers #27 Marvel Comics)
    Warpath was a member of Perceptor's resistance cell on Cybertron. When their untrustworthy scout, Scrounge went missing, Warpath and his peers fell in line with Blaster's plan to find him. After learning Scrounge had been captured by Shrapnel, Blaster went alone to the smelting pool to save him, prompting Powerglide to follow and haul him out while Warpath and the three others distracted the Decepticon guards. When they returned to base, Perceptor's small group of Autobots received the first good news they had heard in eons, for Scrounge had handed them evidence that Optimus Prime lived, at the expense of his own life (The Smelting Pot).                                                                                                                   Source: Warpath                
    Warpath was always one of my favorites because he was a tank.  He was also a favorite because he was really easy to transform, lol.  But seriously, when I would play as a child, Warpath was always one of the Autobots I used to save the day.



    Warpath is still a well known member of the Autobots today.  He ahs made appearances in the comics, no matter the publisher, as well as being very popular in Transformers games, especially the apps.  My point is, he is a kick-ass dude you should know about.

Evolution of Warpath through the years. L-R Newest to original.
    So, until next time, get your READ on and Autobots...Roll Out!

Warpath as seen in the Battle Tactics App.

No comments: