Sunday, July 14, 2019

Extreme Rules 2019 - My Picks

Extreme Rules 7/14/19 from Philadelphia, PA
I realize that Extreme Rules 2019 starts in less than 3 hrs from know and some of you may be wondering why I am putting up picks.  Well, I promised some fellow wrasslin Nerds that I would place my picks so we could discuss later.  Since I am on a time crunch, I will just briefly explain why I pick who I pick.  Anyway, let's get this show started.

Cruiserweight Championship (205 Live match)
WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese

For those of you who do not watch 205 Live, you really do not know what you are missing.  They are some of the most talented wrestlers Vince has on his roster.  With that said, expect nothing but a great match from Gulak and Nese.  Nese wants hs title back but I think the hometown hero that is Gulak will win and remain cahmpion.

My Pick - Drew Gulak remains the WWE Cruiserweight Champion

The ones who love to FIGHT
Aleister Black vs. Cesaro

This match-up promises to be one hell of a fight.  For weeks Aleister has been asking for someone to knock on his door and pick a fight and last week Cesaro was the one who answered.  If match remains one on one without outside interference, I believe Aleister has what it takes to come out on top.  I have a feeling that someone may try to get involved in this match-up that will make for an interesting feud in the future.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.

My Pick - Aleister Black will win this fight

Last Man Standing Match

Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley

The Last Man Standing Match for this PPV, is between two giants of RAW.  In one corner, the All Mighty, Bobby Lashley Vs the Monster among Men, Braun Strowman.  Both of these men want the win to prove who should be feared more in the locker room.  I admit I do not like Lashley, but you cannot deny the powerhouse that he is.  He will push Braun to the limit, but I believe the Monster will be unleashed and Strowman will win.

My Pick- The Monster among Men will remain standing as the All Mighty falls

US Championship
Ricochet vs. AJ Styles

This match up has the potential to be PHENOMENAL.  expect high-flying and hard-hitting moves from both wrestlers.  Ricochet is good, but AJ is better.  Maybe a new hashtag will flood the internet as the leader of the Club becomes champ after he #BeatUpRicochet.

My Pick - AJ Styles becomes your new US Champion

WWE Championship
Kofi Kingston Vs Samoa Joe

It has truly been a great run for Kofi as of late, but that run is about to end.  Samoa Joe is not like anyone that Kofi has faced before.  Kofi is a talented wrestler, but Joe is talented as well.  If the New Day can stay away from this match, Kofi will see that Joe was right.  Without his friends, Kofi could witness the end of his reign as champ.

My Pick - Samoa Joe with the win and becomes the new WWE Champion

2 on 1 Handicap match for Smackdown Live's Women's Championship
Bayley Vs Alexa Bliss Vs Nikki Cross

One may think the odds are against Bayley, but I feel this match will actually work in her favor.  Bliss will show her true colors and Cross will realize that her friendship was a front which will lead to those two fighting and Bayley could come out on top.  There is also a rumor that Sasha may return and try to betray Bayley.  If that is true, I expect the betrayal after the match because Sasha wants that gold for herself.

My Pick - Bayley remains Smackdown Live's Women's Champion

RAW Tag Team Championship
The Revival Vs the Usos

Two very talented tag teams face off for the right to be called champion.  The Revival are a great team but so are the Usos.  The Usos have an edge over the Revival in the fact that they are family.  It is that edge that I believe will have the Usos come out victorious.  

My Pick - Usos become RAW Tag Team Champions

Smackdown Live Tag Team Championship
 Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. Big E & Xavier Woods vs. Heavy Machinery

Triple Threat matches are always entertaining and with teams like New Day and Heavy Machinery, you know you are going to laugh.  The team of Bryan and Rowan are not here to make you laugh, therefore the laughter will stop from a knee to the face or an Iron Claw Slam.  Regardless, the champs will remain the champs.

My Pick - Daniel Bryan and Rowan will be victorious and retain the titles.

Winner Takes All
Seth Rollins &  Becky Lynch vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans 

Never before have I seen a Winner Takes All match as a Tag Team match for individual titles.  Since this is a "historic" match, I expect the outcome to favor the champs.  Why?  Well, they are better wrestlers that the challengers but they are also a couple.  They know each other's next moves without speaking.  Also, when you have two big egos like Corbin and Evans, they always explode during a match.

My Pick - Team Man remain Champs

No Holds Barred Match
The Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre

Shane's family may own the yard, but the Graveyard Dogs are the ones who run it.  Shane will quickly realize he isn't the best in the world.  Sure Team McMahon will have tricks up their sleeves, but Team Taker will make sure they Rest In Peace.

My Pick - the Graveyard Dogs will come out on top

JUST ADDED
Fight Owens Fight
Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler

As I am writing this post, it was announced that Kevin Owens will take on Dolph Ziggler to put an end to their "feud".  We all know that Owens has a problem with how Shane is running things so that may be in Ziggler's advantage but Owens is a fighter and I expect him to win to make a point to Shane.

My Picks - Owens will bring the fight to Ziggy and win

Intercontinental Championship
Finn Bálor vs. Shinsuke Nakamura 

These two superstars are some of the most underrated wrestlers on the roster.  In my opinion, they do not give enough TV time to these two.  I also feel that this match will be a contender for match of the night.  With that said, expect a great wrestling match.  My gut is telling me that Shinsuke will come out victorious.  If that happens, I expect to see Finn on RAW to see if the Club has any openings for a 4th member.

My Pick - Sinsuke Nakamura becomes your new Intercontinental Champion

Other Thoughts

I feel that other things should happen at Extreme Rules.  
Here are some of those thoughts.
  1. The Women's Tag Championship should be defended.
  2. The 24/7 title needs to be challenged.
  3. Brock will attack both champions, but only cash in on Seth.
  4. Bray will come into the Fray, but when?

No comments: