Saturday, September 28, 2019

Saturday Showcase: Low-Light

G.I. Joe Night Spotter Code Name: Low-Light
One of my favorite toys as a kid was G.I. Joe and one of my favorite Joes was  Low-Light.  Low-Light is a  character from the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toy line, comic books and animated series. He served as the G.I. Joe Team's Infantryman and debuted in 1986.

Low-Light as seen in the popular G.I. Joe cartoon series
ORIGIN:

His real name is Cooper G. MacBride, and his rank is that of Staff Sergeant E-6. Low-Light was born in Crosby, North Dakota.

As a child, Low-Light was afraid of the dark, timid with wild animals, and shy of loud noises, until one hunting expedition with his father. He lost his way in the impenetrable darkness, and was found three weeks later, with his flashlight, .22 rifle, and a grin from ear to ear. Ten years later, he was an instructor at the Army Marksmanship Program in Fort Benning and a self-taught expert on image intensification.

Breaking Through Cobra's Defenses
Affiliation:  G.I. Joe

Specialty:

  • Infantryman
  • Night Spotter (1986, 1989)
  • Night Fighter (1991)
  • Dinosaur Night Spotter (1993)
  • Night Survivalist (2001)
  • Night Spotter (2006)
  • S.W.A.T. Sharpshooter (2008)
  • Night Spotter (2011)


File Name:  MacBride, Cooper G.

Birth Place: Crosby, ND (1986)
                    Crosby, NM (1993 only)

Rank:  E-6 (Staff Sergeant)

Primary MOS:

  • Infantry

Secondary MOS:

  • Marksmanship Instructor (1986)
  • Sharpshooter (1991)

Subgroups:

  • Slaughter's Marauders
I got you in my sights!

Until next time, Yo Joe!

No comments: