Saturday, April 17, 2021

An Open Letter to the WWE

 

Greetings Wrestling Fans,

    I am writing this post in regards to the 10 superstars  that the WWE let go on Thursday, April 15, 2021. Those superstars include: Billie Kay, Samoa Joe, Bo Dallas, Kalisto, Wesley Blake, Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Peyton Royce, and Mojo Rawley.  What sense does this make?  Hell, two of them worked Wrestlemania before being let go.  This doesn't make sense to me.  I took 48 hours to think about it and I have come up with an open letter to the WWE.  You may not agree with me and that is perfectly fine, but I feel this needs to be said.

Dear WWE,

For the past two years you have let go of talent in the name of budget cuts.  Well, you have made the wrong cuts in my opinion.  You should have made the cuts in the writing departments as well as in production.  You need writers who have the same passion as the talent and not someone from Hollywood who has no experience in wrestling besides watching it on TV.  You need a writer who eats, breathes, and lives for wrestling.  You fired the talent because you benched them or didn't know how to use them.  That is on you, not them.  Why do you think AEW is doing so well?  The writers listen to the talent's ideas.

You need to listen to your talent.  Hell, Peyton Royce had to demand her shot at the women's title on live TV before you gave it to her.  Why was that?  She should have been champion already.  I know the why.  You want to make sure that your favorites are taken care of. That is why there are so many multi-champions rather than a lot of champions.  Samoa Joe should have been Universal Champion long ago, but you ruined that as well.

As a fan I can tell you, we are tired of the same talent winning over and over or fighting each other for months. Hell, what happen to the days of the stables and have each member fighting instead of one or two.  Oh wait, that something that AEW is doing.  Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Drew, Roman, AJ, and multiple others; just give someone else a chance at a title.  You have enough talent so why do you focus on the few?

If you believe you don't have enough titles to share, create some or bring some of the old titles back.  There is no reason for anyone to sit backstage for months and months.  Someone gets injured, they could be in someone's corner or take the MVP approach and create a faction or stable.  For an example, if I was one of your writers, I would have had Samoa Joe create his own Samoan stable.  When Joe would be clear to wrestle, I would push the story even more and have him wipe the table with Reigns to become the new "Tribal" Chief and Universal Champion. I know more details and planning is involved but you have the talent.  So USE it and don't lose it.

Your problem is not the value of your wrestlers.  You have so many great wrestlers that you bench because you value the words of the wrong person.  If you have to make cuts, fire the people who have been writing this trash for the past three years instead of the talent who is getting ring rust because your writers don't know what to do.  If you are afraid to fire the writers, then fire the directors and producers who cannot make your talent look good.  The talent isn't the problem, the writing is the problem.

I truly hope someone in your organization reads this letter and reflects on it a little.  Hell, I would love for Vince, Steph, Shane ,or HHH to hear what I am saying.  The first step to fixing the problem is knowing what the problem is.  Like I said before, the talent is not the problem, your writing is the problem.

Sincerely,

A Fan



No comments: