Wednesday, March 30, 2011

10 questions with Blair Grimoire

It is the return of one of your favorite segments, the return of 10 questions. What better way to bring back this fan favorite than with one of my favorite cosplayers. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the talented and always beautiful, Blair Grimoire.
Photobucket

1. What is your name and where are you from?

Blair Grimoire and I'm from Florida. :)


2. How did you discover cosplay?

Sophomore year in High school, my friend Beatriz introduced me to most of the Anime's I now love. I had already grown up watching shows like Sailor Moon, Dbz, Outlaw Star.. pretty much everything they showed on Toonami in Cartoon Network after school but I didn't know much about other Anime's or where most of them came from, least of all that Anime conventions existed. I found my love of Hellsing through her giant Anime collection lol and we went to Necronomicon -- my first "convention-- together, so you could say that was the first time I really got a chance to see what cosplay truly was for myself. It was definitely something I wanted to try and experience for myself. :)

Photobucket






3. What characters have you cosplayed in the past?

This is going to be a long list and I bet I'm still going to be missing a few, here goes:

Harley Quinn -Batman

Dr. Harleen Quinzel- Batman

Inmate Harley Quinn- Batman

Pj Harley Quinn- Batman

Alex Ross Christmas Harley Quinn- Batman

Raven - Teen Titans

Lust- Fullmetal Alchemist

Gogo - Kill Bill Vol. 1

PhotobucketLittle Red Riding Hood

Alice

Mad Hatter

Queen of Hearts

Calie Liddle - Grimm Fairy Tales Wonderland Series

Arwen- Lord of The Rings

Jill Valentine- RE 1

Jill Valentine - 2nd movie version

Jill Valentine- BSAA Uniform

Bellatrix Lestrange- Harry Potter Books

Toadette- Mario Kart: Double Dash

Elysia Hughes- Fullmetal Alchemist

X-23- X-men

Jean Grey - X-men

Elektra - Comic version

Madame Masque - Iron Man

Selene from Underworld

Mistress 9 - Sailor Moon

Ai Enma- Hellgirl

Yuuki Cross - Vampire Knight

Slytherin Student
Umbrella
4. What sites have you worked with?

None as of yet, most of the stuff I do is for myself.

5. Who is your favorite character to cosplay?

Definitely Harley Quinn, she's tons of fun and always lots of laughs. hehe

6. Do you read comics? If so, what are your favorites?

I do! I'm a big DC girl all the way and Batman has always been my favorite "hero", so the majority of the comics I own and read are all Batman. Specifically Batman comics with Joker and Harley. ♥ Outside of the Batman and DC universe I'm a big fan of Lady Death and The Grimm Fairy Tale comics.

Photobucket






7. Are you a gamer, if so what is your favorite game and on what system?

Oh man, I have to pick just ONE!? That's impossible for me but I'll try to keep it down to just my favorites. lol I grew up on the Nintendo systems when I was little so there were tons and tons of Mario games in my early childhood, and when the N64 came out The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time && Majora's Mask were my top two favorite games to play. I played them non-stop and LoZ is still one of my all time favorite games to date. I also really enjoyed Twilight Princess for the Game Cube and Resident Evil.

As far as the games I am into now go, aside from the ones I already listed above, I own a 360 so the majority of the games I play now are for that system. My favorites include: Fable 2 & 3, Bioshock 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4.

8. What are your future plans in terms of cosplay?

I actually just finished Seras Victoria's Blood Uniform from Hellsing and Jill Valentine's Battlesuit from Resident Evil 5; which you can see in some of the pics here. I am currently finishing up Lady from DMC 3 & 4 and I will be cosplaying Babydoll from Sucker Punch very soon.
9. Where do you like to show off your costumes the most?

Conventions mostly, there are a few costumed events I attend outside of conventions here and there but my costumes get debuted the most at conventions.

10. What would you say is your favorite genre to cosplay?

I find myself cosplaying characters from comic books , video games and anime the most.

Jill

No comments: