Monday, May 9, 2011

Al Rio Interview

Geeks and Geekettes,

It is time for another exciting interview.  This time, I bring you an interview with the talented artist, Al Rio.


superWhat is your name and where are you from?


Well my full name is Alvaro Araújo Lorenço do Rio, and I am of the capital Fortaleza in the state of Ceará. Brazil.

What made you decide to draw for a living?

During my life I did a lot of things and I always studied drawing and dreamed to work with art. When the great opportunity came I didn't let it pass. In spite of taking years looking for my dream, I never gave up.

Today I see everything that has passed and it was worthwhile, because I love what I do.

It is if I am a movie director or a magician. I feel very happy creating art and I feel proud when the people speak about me. I thank God every day for the the present he has given me.







spideyWho is your favorite character to draw?

My favorite hero is the Spider-man, I identify a lot with him. In second place Daredevil. 



Who is your favorite artist or inspiration?

It is difficult to say, because many inspired me to be what I am today. But dividing in phases everything began with:

John Romita (Senior)

Gil Kane

José Luis García-López

Bryan Hitch

and many others.



Do you have a favorite piece of art that you have done ?

I think it depends on what I am doing. Every day is a different day, with every year that passes I rejuvenate.

I have a taste for renewing because I am always seeking something new.



bizarroI really love your version of Bizarro, do you have a favorite villain or  hero?

My favorite villain, Victor von Doom. I like his style.



What are your plans for the near future?

Well for the future I am involved in a project, a graphic novel of 144 pages, called Fever Moon.


What advice can you give to anyone who may want to illustrate as a career?

Well, do you want the truth? A great comic artist has to be very disciplined, responsible, punctual in their deliveries,

because the work is hard and it demands you are healthy and have a good disposition.

Mainly - love what you do.



Al Rio.



Link:
 

No comments: