Saturday, September 28, 2019

Hidden Gems: the Haunting of Helena

the "Tooth Fairy"
I was scrolling through the horror section on Amazon Prime and came across a chilling movie poster for a film called The Haunting of Helena.  I thought to myself, what the heck and pressed watch now.  I did not think that this was a film that I would have gotten so involved in from the very beginning.

The story follows a single mother, Sophia,  just trying to raise her daughter, Helena, in Italy.  Everything seems fine until Helena loses her first tooth.  It appears this simple process of growing up awakened a tortured soul who Helena calls the Tooth Fairy.

As the story progresses, you get more involved with the history of the area as well as the story about what exactly happened in Sophia's house.  It turns out that there is little that she can do to help her daughter or herself from escaping the "Fairy's Grasp".

Are you okay Sophia?

Then suddenly there appears to be a way to stop the "Fairy" and Sophia is willing to take the chance to save Helena.  There is only one thing wrong with this "simple" solution, it may cause more harm than good.


That is all I am going to say about that.  I want you to be as pleasantly surprised as I was.  I give this film a strong 8 out of 10 rating.  Christian Bisceglia sure knows how to write one damn good screen play and his directing skills brought this film to life the way it was intended to be.

Theatrical Poster

Background Information:

The Haunting of Helena (also known as Fairy Tale in other countries) is a 2012 Italian supernatural horror film, written and directed by Christian Bisceglia and filmed in Italy. The film stars Harriet MacMasters-Green and Sabrina Jolie Perez.

Until next time, get your BOO on!


No comments: