Saturday, September 2, 2023

2023 Payback Picks

 

Live from Pittsburgh, PA is the pay-per-view that many have been waiting for.  Will Judgement Day rule supreme or will they fall flat and begin to split?  Who knows?  What I know is I have little time so let's do my predictions while in Sudden Death Mode.


Cody Rhodes will make an appearance on the Waller Effect.  Why the hell is this PPV worthy?  The only time they have "Talk Shows" on PPVs is to have an unsanctioned match.  With t hat said, Waller will try to get the drop on Cody only to be dropped instead.

Winner: Cody "the American Nightmare" Rhodes


Austin Theory will finally get his rematch for the United States Championship.  This one is hard to call in my opinion.  I mean, I could see positive stories coming from both men no matter the victor.  I personally think they have big plans for Theory and in order to do so, I think he needs to lose tonight's match.  

Winner: and still the US Champion, Rey Mysterio


I like to call the next match-up the battle of the egos or simply, Ego vs Ego.  I am actually a fan of both of these superstars, but I am more faithful to LA Knight...Yeah!  He is on a roll and a loss to Miz could cause a temporary roadblock.  I totally believe that tonight is LA Knight's night.

Winner: LA Knight......Yeah!


The following match-up could possibly be the match of the night.  We all love Trish and we all love Becky.  The fact that they are fighting in a Steel Cage has to make you feel like it might finally be Trish who comes out on top.  Sure Becky has been in Cage match before, but this isn't Trish's first rodeo. Needless to say, they ways Trish could cheat to win are endless.

Winner: Trish Stratus (with a little help from her friends)


The Undisputed Tag Titles are on the line in our next match-up.  Can Finn and Priest put aside their differences to act as a Unit?  Is Kevin 100% and injury free?  These are the questions that "wrestle" in my brain to see who I am picking for this bout.  I like what the Judgement Day is doing and I have been a fan of Fin since Day 1.  However, I am a Kevin Owens fan as well so my heart is torn.  I do think this will be one hell of a match, but I do not think the belts will change hands.

Winners: and still the Undisputed Tag Champions, Owens and Zayn


Judgement Day match #2 is for the Women's championship. Rhea looks to dominate Raquel and walk out of Payback unharmed.  Well, I think she may be mistaken.  Rodriguez is going to give Ripley a run for her money.  In the end, I think Raquel will have a dominate showing, but Rhea will get the win.

Winner: and still the Women's Champion, Rhea Ripley


Welcome to Saturday Night Rollins!  If anyone can take Rollins championship, it would be Shinsuke.  If Rollins' back is as hurt as Nakamura claims, then it is going to be a long night for the champ.  I was thinking that Shinsuke could actually pull a victory over Seth but something I read a few moments ago troubles me.  It was announced that the Great Muta will be at the PPV.  Of course, one would assume he would be in Nakamura's corner.  But what if the Architect has put a plan together?  Either way it will be a great match, but I fear the outcome will be decided by Muta's interference.

Winner: and still your Heavyweight Champion, Seth "Freakin" Rollins

No comments: