1. Who are you and where are you from?
I’m Timothy Lim, from the Natural State of Arkansas.
2. I just love your style! When did you discover your art style?
That’s a difficult question to answer. I am a self-taught artist, so I spent a lot of my early years just studying artists that I liked and trying to create flawed facsimiles of their style. I’m really amazed when people can blindly spot my art, because it’s something that even I’m unaware of! I continue to study artists that I like, and each time I learn a new trick or technique.
3. By looking at your art, I would say you have read comics so, what is your favorite title?
Believe it or not, I am not currently reading comics regularly. I like comic book heroes and their movies, but it’s a lot of time and money to invest into the books themselves – I pick up trade paperbacks occasionally, but only on a good recommendation. I was a really huge Spider-Man fan in high school, and in a way still am.
4. What inspired you to do the Star Scream?
I love Edvard Munch’s “The Scream”: it’s probably my favorite painting. I was looking at a small figurine that I have and the thought just came to me one day as I pondered how I could do a Transformers project.
5. Where can my readers see your art?
6. Do you have anything you would like to promote right now?
There’s a couple of important dates, all affiliated with RIPT Apparel
March 5th: “Primetroid”
March 11th: “Che Cobravera”
March 17th: “The Good, the Bad, and the Vicious”
March 21st: “Scientific Progress”
I can’t really say, because I’m in the middle of it! But prior to that, definitely the Calvin and Hobbes project that we did for SuperPunch
8. What are your plans for the future?
Anything positive that comes my way… I’m taking this one day at a time!