Monday, July 14, 2014

Books Worth Reading: Moon Knight


If you are not reading the Moon Knight series from the Marvel Now! line, you truly don't know what you are missing.  Everyone knows that I am a huge Moon Knight fan, so I would buy this title anyway, but issue #5 stands alone and I think it has the potential to make believers out of anyone.  Issue #5 tells a story of Scarlet, a girl who was kidnapped from school due to a turf war.  Well, Mr. Knight doesn't like those kind of crimes going down in his town, on his watch.  So, he finds the place they are keeping her and takes care of each goon in his path, one by one, floor by floor, until he is able to save Scarlet.

I personally like this version of Moon Knight.  He has finally let go of sympathy so that he kind dispense the justice needed to keep innocents safe.  I would love to see a team up with this version of Moon Knight with another Marvel Now star known as the Punisher.  If those two ever join forces, I pity the lost souls that they are after because they do not have a chance, no chance in hell.  


I give this series a perfect 10 out of 10 rating.  I know the title is only in it's 5 issue, but with writing of Warren Ellis and the fantastic artwork by Declan Shalvey, the book is sure to succeed again and again.  Don't take my word for it.  Go get issue #5 of Moon  Knight and you will be hooked for life.

No comments: