Saturday, May 11, 2013

A + X #7 Comic Review

 
 
What can I say?  I love these little gems from the Marvel Now series known as the A + X titles.  You don't even have to follow all the Avengers or X-titles to follow along because the stories are that damn good.  It has been a while since I have reviewed an issue of A+X, but I felt this issue was worth talking about.
 
What made this issue stand out you ask?  The first story made it stand out.  I title this story, Banner is the Smartest.  Why you ask? It's simple, he is.  Let me explain why.  This issue starts with Tony Stark and Hank McCoy working together to find some sort of Hulk neutralizer in case Banner cannot be controlled.  Right now Banner seems to have his act together, but they are simply afraid that history will repeat itself.
 
Anyway, to make a long story short, they are working on a new Hulk buster armor that S.H.I.E.L.D. managed to get its hands on and they have been having McCoy look at it.  Well, Hank was puzzled and he requested the help of Stark since it follows his plans and designs.  Well, when Tony got his hands on it, he uploaded a virus that caused the suit to become alive and nearly killed the both of them as well as their lab crew.
 
What stopped them from dying?  The best Hulk smash panel I have seen in recent history that's what.  When the Hulk reverted to his Banner form, he removed a jump drive that was connected to the armor.  You see, Banner planted this armor as well as the virus to prove once and for all that Banner is the smartest.
 
Here is the panel I was telling you about.  Sick right?"
 
 
This issue also has a pretty good Thor and Ice Man story but what made this issue for me was the Hulk getting the best of the Beast and Iron Man.  It is definitely worth buying or downloading this issue. I give this book a perfect 10 out of 10 rating for this story alone.  Good job Zeb Wells, what a way to write!




No comments: