Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday Showcase: Jim 'the Anvil" Neidhart

February 8, 1955 – August 13, 2018
    Today I pay tribute to a big part of my childhood and how I got into wrestling.  When I was, I was attracted to the WWE because of wrestlers like Junkyard Dog, Andre the Giant, Jake the Snake, but most importantly Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart.  If you asked me who my favorite wrestler of all time was, I would simply say JYD but if you asked me what caught my eye to make me like wrestling I would say the Anvil.

    Jim had that charm that won over a crowd even when you were supposed to hate him because he was as heel.  From how good he looked supporting the Hart Pink colors to that Jokerish laugh, he had you in his pocket from the word go.

Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart
    Jim was one of the first wrestlers that proved big men can be just as athletic as the others but he would rely on his power to get the pin.  He has had many successes in his career.  He has been a champion everywhere he wrestled, but he was mostly known for being one half of one of the most dominant tag teams in WWE history, the Hart Foundation.

the Hart Foundation
   He would later become a member of the New Foundation with is other brother-in-law, Owen Hart.  Though he did not enjoy as much success as a New Foundation member, he cherished his times wrestling with Owen.

Jim"the Anvil" Neidhart and Owen "the Rocket" Hart
    Jim is also known for another great achievement with the WWE and that is his daughter Natalya.  He was proud of her wanting to pursue the family buisness and helped her tone her tools to become the wrestler she is today.  Thanks to Jim's help, the women's evolution of wrestling saw light at the end of the tunnel way before Stephanie made her historical announcements.

   Love him or hate him, Jim was respected by everyone he worked with.  He will be missed by all.  Right now, Owen, Stu, Davey Boy, and Jim are having one hell of a reunion upstairs.  Hell, knowing the Harts, they're probably setting up a squared circle in the sky and preparing to have their own Summer Slam.

No comments: