Saturday, August 18, 2018

nXt Takeover: Brooklyn 2018 (Derf's Picks)


    Well, the time has finally come to see who wants it more at nXt Takeover.  Who will become champ?  Will the belts stay with the current champions?  Well, her is what I think.

 NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler vs. Kairi Sane

   This match promisises to be a good one.  Shayna has been trying to get in Kairi's head since day one. It appears to be working a little too well.  It is a longshot but I think Kairi will get the win and Shayna will then be bumped up to RAW or SmackdownLive to raise hell there.


My Pick - It will take a miracle, but I pick Kairi Sane.

NXT North American Champion Adam Cole vs. Ricochet
    I like both of these contenders but I don't think Cole will lose the belt just quite yet. It will be a battle fought both on the ground and in the air, but Adam Cole will remain your champion.

My Pick: Adam Cole BAY BAY!

NXT Tag Team Champions Undisputed ERA vs. Moustache Mountain
    Another Undisputed Era match that will end with an Undisputed Victory.  Moustache Mountain will bring the fight, but the Undisputed Era plays for keeps and will come out on top.

My Pick: the Undisputed Era

EC3 vs. Velveteen Dream
    This could be the match of the night.  EC3 is the top 1 % and the Velveteen Dream never disappoints.  Look forward to some new moves as well as a well though and fought plan by the Dream.  This promises to be a match that will live on in nXt history.

My Pick: I like both wrestlers, but I think EC3 will just crush Velveteen's Dream.

NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano (Last Man Standing Match)
   Champion Vs Contender, Brother Vs Brother, Friend Vs Foe, none of this matters to Ciampa or Gargano.  This is about vengeance, this is about power, this is about glory, this is about the nXt Championship!  Johnny wrestling would love to become the new nXt champion, but does he have what it takes to be heartless enough to defeat Ciampa?  I think it will be a well fought bout but I feel that Ciampa will be victorious.

My Pick: Ciampa remains Champ

No comments: