Saturday, September 1, 2018

Saturday Showcase: Footloose

Footloose sneaking up on COBRA (Vintage toy photography - Photographer Unknown)
    Today's showcase comes from my childhood and all the adventures I had in my backyard playing with my elite force of soldiers known as G.I. Joe as they stopped the terrorist organization known as COBRA.  One of my favorite Joes was Andrew "Footloose" Meyers.  As a toy, I loved his look but as a cartoon character I absolutely loved his personality.

Now with Swivel-Arm Battle Grip!
    Footloose first made his appearance in 1985 when he was released in the great G.I. Joe action figure line.  He, like so many others, then debuted as a cartoon.  He was voiced by the talented Will Ryan.  Also back in '85, Andrew made his first appearance in the Marvel G.I. Joe series, issue #37, to be exact.

   Issue #37 is one of my favorite comic covers hands down, in the G.I. Joe series.
     I just explain my love for Footloose.  He was just one of my favorite characters from the series and I always felt he could have been used more.  He should have been featured better in the films and if they ever make another one, he better be in it.

    Needless to say, I was happy when I saw his 25th Anniversary figure when the Joes started hitting shelves again.  I was also ecstatic when I first saw his card in the G.I. Joe Battleground app. (BTW I wish that game was still around.)

Footloose as seen in G.I. Joe Battleground
    I could give you more facts about Andrew "Footloose" Meyers, but I figured I would let his File Card say the rest.  Until next time, unleash your inner NERD!

Yo Joe!

Code Name: Footloose

No comments: