Saturday, April 1, 2023

Wrestlemania 39 Predictions for Night 1 (04/01/23)


WrestleMania 39 is finally here and Night One is looking to steal the show.

Smackdown's Women's Championship Match

We have the Queen, Charlotte Flair defending her title against Judgement in the form of Rhea Ripley.  This will be a great match, but you always have to wonder what kind of role will the Judgement Day play in this match.  As dominant as Rhea is, I believe the queen will walk  away with her title.

Winner: Charlotte Flair

Seth "Freakin" Rollins VS Logan Paul

It's no secret that I am not the biggest Logan Pasul fan, but with the few matches he has wrestled, he has gained my respect.  He took the business seriously and has provided us with some must see TV moments in WWE history.  With that said, he is going against Seth "Freakin" Rollins.  Although it promises to be a great match, I see Rollins finding a way to leave with the win.

Winner: Seth "Freakin" Rollins

Tag Team Championship

The Bloodline has called the shots for the past few years but there is a roadblock in their way on t he road to domination.  That roadblock is none other than the Canadian Destroyers Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.  The Bloodline claim that Sami turned their back on them and in all truth, they couldn't be more wrong.   The Bloodline turned on Sami. Somewhat does Sami do?  He turns to his bloodline, his brother Kevin Owens for assistance.  This match promises to be a fight and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends and then declares a restart due to something shady.  I do believe however, we will get new champs tonight.

Winners and New Tag Champions, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

While we are on the subject of teams, let's discuss the formation of the new LWO.  Rey has his crew in his corner and Dominik has his.  Even though the Judgment Day is a force o f nature, I believe the LWO will give Rey the support he needs to beat his ungrateful son for the 1, 2, 3.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

Team Lynch Vs Damage CTRL

Damage CTRL has become one of my favorite factions to watch on WWE TV.  Don't get me wrong, I love the legends Lita and Trish for all the barriers they have broken in wrestling but I foresee some treachery in the trio that is Team Lynch.  I believe this will surface tonight and Team Damage CTRL win get the win.

Winner: Damage CTRL

Tag Team Battle

We have a Tag Team Battle going on for the #1 contender spot for the tag team championships.  We have Alpha Academy Vs the Viking Raiders Vs the Street Profits Vs Strowman & Ricochet.  3 teams have tagged with each other for years while one team was only formed months ago.  No doubt this will be a slobber knocker, but I feel the Raiders may reach the top.  I'm pulling for Team Monster (Strowman & Ricochet) but they are too inexperienced as a team,

Winners: the Viking Raiders

US Championship Match

Some call this match the sleeper of the night but I believe it has the potential to be the highlight of the night.  You have the challenger John Cena Vs the Champ, Austin Theory.  When Austin Theory first arrived in NxT, I really wasn't a fan.  To be honest, I still don't like him but I respect him.  He has brought new life to the US Title than it has seen for a while.  Cena will try his best, but Austin will put him down,

Winner: Austin Theory

Tune in tomorrow afternoon to see my picks for Day 2.

No comments: